Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Cupcake Liner Wreath

While surfing the internet and other blogs, I came across a valentines day cupcake liner wreath. The wreath was really cute and really inexpensive to make. The idea was so ingenious I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it!! I started to think of all the different types of wreaths I could make because cupcake liners come in so many different colors. This is the wreath I found on Tattertots and Jello a super cute craft site!
This is the wreath I have been working on. I used orange thanksgiving cupcake liners (the halloween cupcake liners were too orange) and I used black damask cupcake liners (both are from Michaels and cost about $1.99 each for 75 liners). I purchased the three unfinished letters from Michaels as well. The total cost for the letters was about $4.47 and I had black paint and a paintbrush. I hot glued the letters together and secured the BOO sign with fishing line (the only way I could figure out how to attach it to the cupcake liners without smooshing them!!) I plant on hanging the wreath on one of our doors in the house as I don't think the liners will withstand wet weather.






2 comments:

  1. It is so cute!! I love your Halloween version. And the BOO is such a fun touch!! Love it!

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete