Friday, September 3, 2010

Her Chair

This is my next project: Kaity's highchair cover for her birthday. I saw a high chair cover and a tray skirt on a few websites. I thought that making a tray skirt would be a pretty simple task considering I still had a lot of left over tulle from making Kaity's tutu.

Splurge:
(photo courtesy of Esy.com) Cost not including shipping: $ 55.00

Steal:

I used left over tulle fom her tutu and made this cute little garland thing to hang in the front of her high chair. I don't need to make a cover for the back of the chair because the pattern is black and will match with anything.

Here is my little bug in her high chair:

So I've completed three projects so far and I've spent about 60.00. That seems like a lot but I still have left over tulle and I made the tutu and high chair cover for the price of what a normal tutu would cost if purchased online. 

Kaity's tutu after I added some hot pink tulle to it yesterday.  
The Cost was approximately $20.00

Splurge:
Cost of this tutu is $85.00 http://www.perfectshowers.com/

There are other websites that feature inexpensive tutus and you could probably purchase one for $20.00. (I think its more fun to make them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment