Saturday, September 11, 2010

pom poms

I finally had time to make these pom poms and they were really easy. I followed the directions from the link I posted on the blog. Here is my finished product. I bought Black, white and green tissue paper to match the color theme. I am also thinking of making slightly smaller pom poms to add some variety. I bought packs of 25 sheets of tissue paper for 1.99 at target. The fishing line I also bought at Target for 5.99. Instead of using floral wire as suggested I just used a stapler to secure the accordian folds. So the total cost for one pom pom was about  1.00. The fishing line is about 360 yards and I used about 7 inches on the pom pom. So the cost is minimal. Most websites that sell pom poms sell them for 8 dollars. So aside from the time it takes to actually make them (took me about twenty minutes) it is more cost effective to make them.  After her party my husband and I are going to hang them from her ceiling in her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment