Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Chandilier

I saw this project on Martha Stewarts website and thought it would be a really cute chandilier for my dining room. All we have is recessed lighting and no light fixture over our table.
There were no instructions on how to make the chandilier so I put together my own and this is what I came up with.
 Instead of using real pumpkins, gutting them and then  using tea lights, I used flamless candles I got on sale at Michaels. This way I don't have to worry about buring down the house when I want to have the  candles illuminated. Anothing thing I did was secure the candles with velcro so they are easing to take on and off when I want to turn the lights on. Instead of using individuals leaves which can be costly depending on where you purchase them, I found the fall garland half off at michaels. It made the project super simple! I think the overall cost was about $23.00. (3.00x4= 12.00 for the candles, 3.00 for the wreath and 4.99 for the garland and about 2.99 for the wire I used to hang the chandilier) The velcro cost about a dollar so I didn't really include that in the price, especially since I have a ton of velcro left over.
The pictures are a little blurry because they were taken from my iphone but you get the idea. We are getting a new dining room table today so I will take pictures again when it is in. I am going to redo the centerpiece for the dining table as well since we are having Thanksgiving at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment