Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Direction

I need to take a step back and figure out exactly how many decorations I want for Kaity's birthday party. I have so many ideas I am not sure where to start or which ones are most important!! I was going to work on a party hat but I dont think Kaitlynn will wear it. She has taken to wearing headbands so I think I might try to design a cute headband to go with her tutu. (Possibly just antenna's from her ladybug costume since that is the theme of her party).

I have to remember too that this party is supposed to be chic on a buget and it is really easy to get wrapped up in all the cute decorations!

I've decided against using special polka dot plats to match the theme and instead I am going to tie everything together with coordinating napkins, cups and cutlery. This website has the cutest polka dot decorations! http://www.polk-dot-market.com/

I also found this cute favor idea for a kids party. This is a crayon roll that would be a wonderful favor for kids along with a coloring book. All it would take is some fabric and a sewing machine. These crayon rolls could go in backpacks for school or be easy storage at home. This is also a cute idea for older girls as a makeup brush holder.

I've nixed the party hat idea for now so I need to find a new project to start on. I am definetly going to use these cake plates for our food table.  You can find them at Homegoods for about $12.99 (smaller ones are available for around $7.99). They come with a ribbon but it is easily changed out to match whatever theme you are going with. This is a perfect piece to invest in because it can be used at all sorts of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment