Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Night Craft....

Yesterday I bought the things I would need for this project and I'm not sure if it is cheaper to make or if it would have been cheaper to just buy them... But I wanted to try... So here is the project...


The pots were cheap, I think about $.89 a piece and I bought a pack of 12 dowels for $3.00. I figured I only needed two but I would have extra for future projects. I had a bunch of ribbon in these colors already but I ended up going a little overboard and bought more ribbon. Ribbon gets so expensive and I think I bought three rolls at full price ($2.49 ea.) and bought the rest 3/$1.00 which wasn't too bad. The styrofoam balls were about $4.99 each and were not on sale. So for two of this beautiful topiarys I think the cost will end up being about$25.00- $30.00. I am going to use them for her birthday and then put them in her room as decoration so I will get double duty out of them. They aren't childish either which means they can be kept in her room as she grows which is a plus!! I will post pictures of the process and the finished product! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment